We are dedicated to responding with love to the dignity of all human life, from conception to natural death. We do this in several ways:
1. We provide facilities, resources, and administrative support for other non-profit organizations that have programs that recognize the dignity of human life.
2. We are working to build a very different kind of residential care like the adult care home, Good Shepherd Manor, and a unique center—Mount St. Joseph’s Villa —to provide for the needs of the elderly, disabled, and terminally ill with dignity regardless of their ability to pay.
3. We provide education related to the dignity of all human life and on specific bioethical issues related to that dignity.
4. Our organization is made up of those who embrace the Catholic Church’s teachings on the dignity of human life. All of the programs that we support, reflect this commitment to the teachings of the Magisterium of the Catholic Church.
5. Prayer is the heart and foundation of all our work.
Some examples of organizations and services we current assist include:
H.E.L.P. Healthcare Equipment Loan Program: Joint effort between the Knights of Columbus and the John Paul II Center for Life to collect and distribute durable medical care equipment to those in need in the community. Click here for more information.
St. Vincent DePaul: We provide some goods to this organization that provides for the needs of those in economic crisis.
Servants of the Good Shepherd: An organization that sends volunteers out to providing loving support to the elderly and disabled. www. jpiicenter.com.
Mad Hatters: an organization that knits warm hats and scarves for those in economic need.
Prayer Blanket Ministry: Volunteers who make blankets in and shawls in prayer to distribute those the ill and disabled. http://www.st-thomascamas.org/index.htm
Busy Hands: Creates products designed to help those with dementia and other disabilities to maximize their abilities.
Fr. Justus Kabale Education Fund: This organization raises funds to support needy children in Kabale Uganda. Most recently, it has helped to build a school.
Love of neighbor, grounded in the love of God, is first and foremost a responsibility for each individual member of the faithful ...
Benedict XVI, Deus Caritas Est
Putting Conviction in Action
We have meeting space, facilities and resources available for non-profits whose mission reflects our purpose. If you are interested, please contact us at 360-606-3620.
PO Box 990
1493 N. Shepherd Rd
Washougal, WA 98671